09 Jul 5 Ways to Make Your Brand Stand Out on Instagram
Instagram is quickly becoming one of the most popular social media platforms, especially with millennials. Filters give users an outlet to express their creativity and feel like an amateur photographer, while hashtags lead to the discovery of cool images.
Since each social media platform reaches a different type of audience, Instagram can lead to a whole new kind of follower for your brand. No matter what industry you’re in, your brand can do well on Instagram with the right planning and approach. Check out some Insta basics we recommend when you are starting your account:
1. Thoughtfully post. Don’t overpost and overuse hashtags. Because of the visual nature of Instagram, you should be putting a lot of thought and time into your pictures. Make them as beautiful and creative as possible so they stand out. Post one to two times a day maximum, and remember that just because there isn’t a cap on text doesn’t mean you need to go overboard. Quality is better than quantity on Insta!
2. Mix it up with different filters. Each filter offers a different perspective on a photo. Take a quality shot, and then pick a filter that relays the feeling you want that photo to give. For example, a black and white photo feels whimsical, while other filters will make certain colors bolder and brighter. Alternatively, using no filter can make for a natural looking picture.
3. Host a photo contest. Instagram is all about sharing awesome pictures. Inspire creativity in your followers by asking them to submit a picture they took. Create a custom hashtag for the contest, and have a fun prize lined up for the winner.
4. Use videos. They are a great way to liven up your brand. Videos show off any adventures that your brand has, and allows followers to relate to your company. Plus, the filters can be applied, giving you the chance to make your videos even more creative.
5. Remember to make your Instagram account fun. Yes, it is a space for you to post pictures of your products and company-related things, but it is also a great platform for telling the story of your brand and really showing off the company’s personality. Your followers should feel like they know you as a friend!